|Greece - Athens Sorting Center
The Attica Sorting center, in Athens, is the largest postal center in Greece, handing 50% of national mail pieces for almost 30% of the Greek population.
The facility was designed and built according to Elsag Datamat specifications to optimize mail sorting procedures in production areas.
- 1 CFC (Culler Facer Canceller) for mail preparation;
- 3 LCSM (Letter Coding and Sorting Machines) with 36 two-tier stackers for letter coding and pre-sorting;
- 3 LSM (Letter Sorting Machines) with 304 two-tier stackers for final letter sorting;
- 1 CFSM (Compact Flat Sorting Machines) with 252 tray outlets for flat coding and sorting;
- 1 PSM (Parcel Sorting Machines) with 120 container outlets for packet sorting;
- 1 MH (Material Handling System) for automatic tray management;
- Ancillary Equipment.
- SISC (Integrated Coding Services System);
- MIS (Management Information System).
- Support for Building Design;
- Layout Design;
- Plant Macro-Layout Design;
- Micro-Layout of Workplaces;
- Postal Flow Study;
- Operations Design;
- Change Management (management of transition from manual to automatic processing);
- Human resources planning,
- Operating Plans;
- Technical Support;
- Management Support;
- Call desk / Help Desk;
- Design and execution of plant engineering.